Monday 25 June 2012

Wonderful Goa.....


In March 2012 , we ( me & husband) visited Goa , the smallest Indian state. This beach destination of India is well known for its serenic beauty. Three days I spent  there & trust me I enjoyed each and every moment. We wanted to take a leave from the busy Hyderabad life. We started our journey in night. I always like the night journeys  . After 10hours travel we reached Panaji, capital of Goa. As soon as we got down in Panaji ,we saw many vehicle agents standing there. In Goa we don’t need to  search for the rent vehicle. Agents will be waiting for the tourists in railway stations ,airports and bus stands. Since only we two are there , we decided to take a rent scooter for three days. There itself we paid money and started to ‘Little Italy Resort ‘ in scooter. My husbad had already booked the room. 


On the way we saw many churches and buildings. You can see Portugese influence in goan culture. Buildings of Goa distinctingly reflects the Portugese style of architecture. Portugal people are known for their happy go lucky nature, love for drinks, late night parties and gala dinner. Goans follow this life style and they celeberate each day and each moment. The goan climate and environment makes us follow that too. The philosophy of “Eat , Drink & Be happy “ truely describes Goans.
Little Italy resort is an Italian resort and we got a warm welcome there. We had a light breakfast. We were planning to sleep for sometime. The strong sweet smell of kaju feni filled in our room and it was so tempting.  But after having breakfast we couldn’t just sit in room. After all its Goa , how can we sleep in our room. We got freshed and went to Calangute beach. All our tiredness juz flew away and we were totally into “Goa”. We were roaming from beach to beach in scooter and I have to say it was the best part. Had mouth watering prawns biriyani n Italian pasta for lunch  . Bought some dress from the beach shops and came back to room by 3pm. Again evening went for water sports, enjoyed each ride & I drank a lot of salt water tooJ First time in my life I went for paragliding. I felt like a bird in the air that time. It was an amazing expeience. I saw the most beautiful sunset that day.


 

 That day night we had an awesome barbeque dinner in Baga beach. You know in Goa parties long til midnight. Candle light dinner in beach…It was so romantic:) I felt @ night sea had a different face, slow tides and couldn’t take my eyes off..it was a magical view.





The next two days we enjoyed Goan special sea foods & shopping our favourite items. Anjuna beach was best for photoshoots and many foreigners were taking pictures. Me and my husband , we two are photo freaks & I don’t know how many photos we took that day At night everywhere music and dance and I have to say Goan youth are very vibrant. Goans are very helpful and friendly and holiday spirit reflects in their attitude , nothing seems to dampen their spirit. We didn’t want to leave that place. 

Goa special


Goa special red snapper
     












If I get a chance I will surely come to see you my beauty. Once you visit Goa , you will come again and again. I am sure you will really like it. Goa has plenty to offer.
Life is like a party in Goa and  we were partying those three days.

3 comments:

  1. nice post and lovely photos. Goa is also my favorite place btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An intelligent person, looking out of his eyes and hearkening in his ears, with a smile on his face all the time, will get more true education than many another in a life of heroic vigils". Cheap Flights to Goa | Flights to Goa | Cheap Air Tickets to Goa

    ReplyDelete